Thursday, July 24, 2008

why me?!?!

i don't know if the following situation has happened to any of you, but it's happened to me twice in my lifetime. and let me warn you, it will probably be hilarious to you. but to me, not so much. i'll start with today...i got out of work early again because the project i'm working with is over. i'm going in for my last day tomorrow as a formality. on my way home, i stopped at the mall to do some browsing at modell's. i've been wanting to get some heatgear (or something like it) for when i play softball and other outdoor sports in the summer. as i'm deciding on which size to get (medium or small) some guy stands next to me (and i mean next to me...he was practically on me). and when i tried to move away, he moved with me! in my head, i'm thinking, "what the heck! this guy needs to go away!" so, i'm holding up a small and a medium side by side and this guy says to me, "i think you should get the small, you'll look better if it's tight." OH MY GOSH!!!! WHY!?! WHY!!? GET AWAY FROM ME!!! I HAVE A GIRLFRIEND! ok, so i didn't exactly scream that out, but i was thinking it and quickly walked away without saying anything to him or looking at him. WHY?!?! aiya...

on another note... i can't believe the summer's almost over. it's crazy! although, it's not like i have anything to do in the fall! haha. it's weird thinking that i don't have to pack up to move back to school. i'm sad, though. life was easier when i was in school. i didn't have to worry about what was coming next. i have to find something to do between september and march-ish. maybe i'll start taking classes somewhere. who knows. who wants to give me a job? anyone? anyone?

OH YEAH! my mom and i are doing a major overhaul of my room. my closet is filled with toys from when i was younger. we're going to donate some stuff, throw away some stuff, and make some room for stuff that actually belongs in a closet...like clothes. i found a box with my yo-yos, pogs, and marbles. it's awesome. it's time to bring them back. watch out...it'll be the new/old cool thing to do. :D

here's some pictures of the summer...

6.28: team AWESOME! - ocm's amazing race. we won 1st place!


7.4: eating lobster with dan (brother-in-law) - maine/boston roadtrip.


7.19 - johna, jill, and me - coney island - AVP brooklyn open.


7.19: we ran into garrick, annie, and joe at the beach. garrick and i attempted to win a prize by playing against 2 pros. all 3 attempts were over in about 5 seconds.


7.19: phil dalhausser (and todd rogers) won 1st place - anyone notice his waist is at the top of the net? that would be 8 ft. in the air! (kerri walsh and misty may won the women's on sunday, which we also watched). both teams will be at the olympics. i think our chances of gold for men's and women's are very good. :D


7.22: ballgame with pam - twins @ yankees. (annoying kid in the back that wouldn't stop talking). we won 8-2.

8 comments:

matthew john said...

i don't think life would be as much fun if we didn't get hit on by gay guys every once in a while. When I worked at dairy barn, I had a fairly regular customer who would always compliment me on how I looked that day, occasionally giving me a tip. Weird? a little... but when there's an extra dollar or two in it for me, I'll bear it.

joanna said...

HAHAHAH sorry josh,
that IS pretty hilarious :D
maybe you should wear a fake mustache and a pair of sunglasses all the time.

Gary said...

haha... well its a good story to tell...? haha i dunno =P
YAY You put up the picture! =] Team awesome needs to have their awesome dinner soon

karebear said...

POGS!!!!!

bobosaur... said...

im telling you man, if we go through with the "game" joe wanted to play, you'll win hands down...hahahahaahahahahahaah

michelle said...

oh man, heebie jeebies obba. even if he is gay, only sickOs hit on random innocent shoppers like that. lOl. okay, lesson learned- carry peppermint spray. :]

i'm glad to see you're having an eventful and fun summer :]

Gary said...

HAHA aw Michelle called it peppermint spray! =P

Katy Ruth said...

i think carrying around peppermint spray and having a mustache might only make someone gayer. pepper spray might do the trick though.